Well, *advance warning* about a contest…
I was busily ordering parts today (seats, onboard air, etc.) and I started musing about how much the JeepMonster will ultimately weigh when it’s all done. Many years ago I weighed the CJ-5 and it was 3300 pounds, more or less. I’m sure the JeepMonster will be more. 🙂
And then I thought about having a contest to see who can guess the final weight. The contest won’t start until the JeepMonster is all done and I have its weight, so it’ll be a while. I’ll also have to finalize the rules and stuff by then, but here’s a rough draft:
- The contest will run for three weeks. All entries received after the closing date will be returned.
- Each entry will cost $5US – just in case anyone from outside the US reads this. You may enter as many times as you want to. You’ll be able to send postdated checks if you want (to keep me from cashing them ahead of time), or you can send money to my PayPal account.
- I know the final weight will be more than 3300 pounds, so that will be the floor. There’s no point in guessing a lower number.
- When I find out the actual weight, I’ll provide an upper limit.
- The winner will be the person who comes closest WITHOUT GOING OVER THE ACTUAL WEIGHT. In case there are multiple winners, the person whose money got here first will be the ultimate winner. (If I can’t tell whose money got here first, I’ll split the prize.)
- The prize will be twofold:
- The winner(s) will get/split all of the entry money.
- I will donate an amount equal to all of the entry money, up to $1000, to [a] charity(ies) selected by the winner(s), in equal amounts. (Each winner can only select one charity.)
- I’ll announce the winner(s), charity(ies), and prize(s) within a week of the contest’s close.
So that’s my plan, and it’s something for everyone to look forward to.